Top Ad

I loved my wife, I did not kill her – Husband

Shonde-killer-husband1 
Lekan Shonde, the man who allegedly killed his wife last Thursday during an argument at their Egbeda abode in Lagos, has denied culpability, insisting rather that his wife was hypertensive.
The Kwara State born suspect turned himself in to the Police, yesterday, four days after going into hiding. He maintained that his wife was his most priced possession, adding that death was his last intention for her. Vanguard reliably gathered that pressure from Lekan’s 90- year-old father and some friends compelled him to show up at the Ikeja office of the Commander, Rapid Response Squad,RRS, Tunji Disu, at about 1p.m. Thereafter, he was taken to the Lagos State Police Command headquarters, Ikeja at about 2.10p.m. Clad in a sky blue shirt and a black pair of trousers, Lekan said immediately he alighted from the RRS van: “I wish death would take me right now.” Thereafter, he called his father on the phone, informing him in Yoruba that he had finally shown up at the Police command as instructed. 
Before he turned himself in, report had it that he attempted to flee to the Benin Republic,where he hoped to proceed to Ghana, but all his moves were reportedly trailed by the Police, until he was forced to make a U-turn from Ondo State . While in hiding, Lekan sent a message via WhatsApp to one of his friends (names withheld) announcing his intention to commit suicide, in order to end the whole matter. The conversation dated May 7, 2016 read: “I want to die. Pls help me, I can’t face the Police or cell, they will kill me.” After much persuasion from the friend, Lekan finally replied same day, saying “ Ok, I will see you tomorrow (Sunday)” But he never showed up. Lekan, however, sent another text, yesterday morning, to this same friend saying, “Morning, Senior Sunday. Thanks for everything you have done. I want to go to the CP office now. You are the only one that advised me not to kill myself. I will respect you till I die.”  

I loved my wife, I did not kill her – Husband  I loved my wife, I did not kill her – Husband  Reviewed by Spencer Reports on 10:28 am Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.